Many students have the following questions and cannot get concrete answers.
- I scored a D- (Minus) in Secondary school.
- What can I do next?
- Can I do a diploma or degree course of my choice?
- Is there a course can undertake and progress to diploma or degree course?
- Is there a future for me after scoring a D- (Minus)?
- What is the career route to PhD if I have a D- (Minus)?
The answer is a strong YES. You can progress from D- (Minus) to Degree
Persons who choose to pursue business and technical courses have three career options:
- They can pursue employment in public and private sectors;
- They can opt to become entrepreneurs and start their own businesses;
- They can opt to become trainers in their areas of specialty with further training in teaching skills.
Entrepreneurship and ICT training, which form part of the Business and Technical courses, produce graduates with valuable skills who can pursue careers in the Knowledge Economy. KNEC Certificates are internationally recognized and can be used to seek employment within and in foreign countries.
TVET programs are modular and each module imparts skills and knowledge that enable a graduate to engage in formal or informal employment while still pursuing their studies. The Diploma Courses opens up the chance for admission into University for Degree programmes.
Tumaini Institute of Management Studies, registered by the Ministry of Education as a TVET institution, is the premier No. 1 college in Kenya offering KNEC ARTISAN Level Courses for students who scored D-(Minus), E, and those who dropped out of secondary school. Tumaini College trains and prepares students for KNEC courses at Artisan, Certificate (Craft), Diploma and Higher Diploma Level.
After completion of the nine months ARTISAN Level courses, the student qualifies to join the CERTIFICATE (Craft) level which thereafter enables the student to join the DIPLOMA level and qualify as a diploma holder.
ARTISAN => CERTIFICATE=> DIPLOMA => PREOFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION => DEGREE
Each artisan course is unique according to the course one wishes to pursue. A student wishing to pursue any Business, Tourism, and ICT courses, requires artisan certification in Storekeeping.
What is the Artisan in Store-Keeping certification – KNEC?
|DESCRIPTION||Students are taught the basics of storekeeping to make them eligible to work and contribute effectively to all industries. This innovative course provides learners with information on key aspects of store management such as stock keeping, inventory organisation, and how to train and supervisor control stores personnel. Storekeeping plays a strategic role in the supply chain of an organisation and the success of an enterprise.
This Course is intended to equip the Storekeeper with necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes that will enable the storekeeper to maintain proper business records, perform storekeeping duties or run a small business enterprise. The course will also provide a base for further vocational training.
|MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS||·KCSE aggregate Grade of D- (Minus) · KCPE /KCSE Certificate|
|EXAMINATION BODIES||Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC)|
|DURATION OF PROGRAM||6 Months|
|CAREER OPPORTUNITIES||Store Manager
(What can you do after the Artisan course?)
|With Tumaini College you will be able to progress to Certificate (Craft), Diploma, degree in Storekeeping, Procurement, ICT courses as well as acquire Professional certification in various fields such as Certified Credit Professional (CCP) (KASNEB), Certified Public Secretary (CPS) (KASNEB), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (KASNEB), Certified Procurement and Supply Professional or other business related field.
The course will open doors for your career and a brighter and more financially secure future.
|WHAT WILL I LEARN?||· Exercise general control over all activities in the store department.
· Ensure safe keeping both as to quality and quantity of materials.
· Maintain proper records.
· Initiate action for stoppage of further purchasing when the stock level approaches the maximum limit.
· Check and receive purchased materials forwarded by the receiving department and to arrange for the storage in appropriate places.
· Acquire Knowledge and Skills necessary to Start, Organise and run a business.
· Develop and demonstrate desirable qualities and habits for efficient business operation.
· Prepare for further training in business studies.
BUSINESS COURSES (KNEC)
TVET BUSINESS EDUCATION SINGLE (BES) AND GROUP CERTIFICATE (GC) COURSE:
This flexible course allows the candidates to pursue their studies at their own pace. They are able to book and sit the examinations that they have prepared for. The more papers a candidate sits for and passes in a particular series, the faster the candidate completes the course in the specialty chosen.
Persons who are employed or have occupational constraints that make regular attendance of class difficult can also enroll for this course.
BES&GC candidates can also study for and sit examinations in subjects outside their speciality to add value to their qualifications and diversify their skills for the labour market. The Minimum Entry Requirements for this course are:
- For Stage I, candidates should have passed KCPE or Equivalent Qualification as Approved by KNEC.
- For Stage II, candidates should have passed Stage I of the requisite subject(s).
- For Stage III, candidates should have passed Stage II of the requisite subject(s).
Depending on the progress of a candidate, the entire course can be completed within 18 months. KNEC offers examinations under the Business Education Single and Group Certificate Courses in the following areas:
How to enroll to artisan course.
- Call Admissions or +254 (0)704 147682 / +254 (0) 20- 355 6676
- WhatsApp: wa.me/25472268114
- Write to us : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill this Admission Form
Other External Links: