1. Scope of Policy
2. Information We Collect
We collect information in order to provide and improve our Service, to administer your use of the Service and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our Service.
When you use the Service or engage in certain activities, such as downloading the app, enrolling for a course, requesting services or information, or contacting us directly, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:
- Installing the app: If you use the Service without an Account, you do not enter personal information (please see below for information which is collected automatically). If you create an Account using your login credentials from one of your third-party services accounts such as Facebook, you share your public profile information (name, profile picture) and optionally your email address and/or a list of your contacts. If you create an email-based Account, we will request your name and email address.
- Enrolling for a course: By enrolling for a course at Tumaini Institute, you provide your payment method information.
- Communications with us: We may collect personal information from you such as email address, first and last name when you choose to request information about our Service, sign up for Tumaini Institute newsletter, request to receive customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us directly or through Third Parties.
In addition to the information you choose to provide to us, we and our service providers also use standard technologies to automatically collect certain additional information:
We automatically record certain information about how you use our Service. This may include information such as a User’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers, Advertiser ID and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet, operating system, country, languages and locales, hardware type, the pages or features of our Service to which you browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, the links on our Services that you clicked on and other statistics. We use such data to administer the Service and we analyze (and may engage third parties to analyze) such data to improve, customize and enhance our Service by expanding features and functionality and tailoring them to individuals’ needs and preferences.
3. Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our Services through an application of a third party, such as the App Store/Google Play Store or a Social Networking Service (“SNS”), we may collect such information about you from that third-party application that you have made public via your privacy settings therein. Information we collect through third-party applications may include your name your email and telephone contacts.
4. How We Use Your Information
We acquire, hold, use, and process personal information for a variety of business purposes, including:
- To provide, personalise, and improve your experience with the Service, for example by providing customised, personalised, or localised content, recommendations, features, and advertising related to the Service on or outside of the Service;
- To ensure technical functionality of the Service, develop new features and services, and analyse your use of the Service, including your interaction with the mobile application, advertising, products, and services that are made available, linked to, or offered through the Service;
- To communicate with you for Service-related or research purposes including via emails, notifications, or other messages, which you agree to receive;
- To process your payment to prevent or detect fraud including fraudulent payments and fraudulent use of the Service;
- To communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, for marketing and promotional purposes via emails, notifications, or other messages, consistent with any permissions you may have communicated to us; in the section User Access and Control below, we inform you of the controls you can use to opt out from receiving certain messages;
- To enable and promote the Service and other relevant services or products, either within or outside the Service, including features and content of the Service and products and services made available through the Service.
5. Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
When you have connected with Facebook on the Service, the following personal information will be publicly available on the Service: your first name, profile picture and your achievements.
We use technical service providers which may operate the technical infrastructure that we need to provide the Service, in particular providers which host, store, manage, and maintain the application, its content and the data we process.
We use technical service providers to help us communicate with you, as described in Section” How We Use Your Information” of this Policy.
We use marketing and advertising partners to show you more tailored content, or to help us understand your use of the Service, to provide you with a better service. We also may share personal information with certain marketing and advertising partners to send you promotional communications about the Service.
6. Cookies, Third-Party Software Development Kits and Tracking
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the User’s device containing information about the device. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while using the Service. By setting a cookie, TIMS will remember the User the next time he/she visits the Service. The User is always free to decline our cookies if his/her browser permits, although in that case he/she may not be able to use certain features of the Service and may be required to re-enter information more frequently to use certain features of the Service.
We use third-party software development kits (“SDKs”) as part of the functionality of our Service. Third-party SDKs may allow third parties including advertisers to collect your personal information to provide content that is more relevant to you.
7. Social Media Platforms
From within the Service, users are able to share content on SNS such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and WhatsApp.
8. User Access and Control of Personally Identifiable Information
If you would like to access, review, correct, update, suppress, transfer (right to data portability), delete or otherwise limit our use of your personal information we have collected, you may contact us using the mechanisms provided below. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
You may opt out of having your personal information used or disclosed for certain purposes.
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt out of receiving such communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email.
TIMS may send you push notifications with notices that may be of interest to you. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings within the Service or on your mobile device.
9. Data Retention
We retain data for limited periods when it needs to be kept for legitimate business or legal purposes.
The Service is not directed to children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16.
If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information or may be receiving communications from us without consent of a parent or guardian, we ask that this be brought to our immediate attention. We will make it our priority to address this situation and delete information relating to a child as soon as practicable. In such an event, please contact us at email@example.com.
To protect your personal data from unauthorized access and abuse we have implemented technical and organizational security measures. We check these security measures regularly and adapt them, as necessary, to the state of technological progress. Our infrastructure is served via HTTPS, so that your smartphone only communicates with our server over a secure channel. All payment data is processed by our payment processing partners. Your financial information is managed securely on our behalf by our payment processors which are globally trusted (Level 1 DSS PCI compliant) payments companies.
12. Notification of Changes
13. Content Sharing Terms
By submitting user-generated content such as text and audio-visual material to TIMS, you:
- Represent and warrant that you are of legal age of consent in the jurisdiction of your domicile;
- Grant TIMS a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, display, distribute, reproduce, modify, remix, translate, transcode, excerpt, adapt, prepare derivative works of and compilations, publicly display such content in any format or medium for any purpose in connection with TIMS activities;
- Represent and warrant that the content is original or that you hold the necessary rights to publish the content you submit and grant TIMS the license under (ii); and
- Agree to indemnify and hold TIMS, its officers, agents and employees harmless from any claim or loss made by any third party due to or arising out of content you submit.
14. Disclaimer – Links to other Sites
The Service contains hypertext links to other services. The TIMS assumes no responsibility for those services including the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.
15. Contact Us